Friday, April 25, 2014

Micro Cars - Who Took Us to the World


In January 1999, the MICRO car project was initiated with the concept of “Providing a Car for everyone” which is affordable, economical, safe and environmentally friendly means of transport for the masses, with this vision in mind , I undertook to manufacture  the “National Car” for the country, under the trade name          
Chairman
n   I am an auto passionate and an automobile Engineer by profession. A certificated Automobile Engineer and a fellow member of “Institute of Motor Industry, UK (CAE ,FIMI) , who counts over 37 years of experience to my credit in the automobile industry both locally and in overseas in organizations such as Volkswagen, Peugeot, BMW, Aston Martin, Alfa Romeo and Chrysler.
n  My four year apprenticeship at the Ceylon German Technical Training Institute in automobile engineering gave me an in-depth insight into automobile engineering and the formal training  I received in Germany and France made me realize that producing an automobile was within my reach.
n  With my strong automobile  background, I decided to  pioneer the  project of  manufacturing the first and only car in Sri  Lanka in 1999, Since then “MICRO”  has reached greater heights. Today “Micro” is an known automobile brand in Sri Lanka as well as  overseas.    
n  As a Local company we ensure that all vehicles which are produced / assembled locally  include  a 30% to 40% Local Value Addition

0 comments:

Post a Comment